Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Carrie Cheek


When I have an unexpected day off, I'll admit that it can be difficult for me to slow down and actually get that much-needed R&R. But with today's rainy day weather, I'm taking full advantage of the cozy sounds and watching my favorite series- Sex & The City. In this particular episode (Season 6- Splat!) I am not fond of her man choice (The Russian), but I've always lusted over the rosy cheeks Carrie displays during her horse & carriage sleigh ride. Are you craving the look too? I've put together a few of my favorite cream blushes to help you channel the coveted. 

(Pictured Below, a few of my favorites: Make Up For Ever, NYX in Glow, and W3LL People Lip & Cheek Color in Universalist)


A cream blush can be especially wonderful in the winter due to their hydrating properties. Apply concealer, foundation, and bronzer as usual and follow with your application of cream blush. For a smoother application, try using a beauty blender sponge and work the product in a circular motion over the apples of your cheeks. To finish the look, you can apply a loose, translucent powder to lock in color and tone-down any unexpected brightness, leaving you with a more natural look. 

 (Additional Recommendations: MAC Cream Blush: So Sweet, So Easy & Benefit: Benetint)






Keep warm and snuggled today, and have fun being a little cheeky with your new look!

XO,

Annabelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment