Wednesday, October 23, 2013


“BB-ehind The Trend”
For several months I was continuously hearing about a “must have” product that I(GASP!) didn’t have. What the hell was a BB Cream? And why did I need it? As a self-proclaimed product junkie, I have to admit, I felt behind the trend. BB Creams, come to find out, are actually all they’re cracked up to be, and then some. This little miracle in a tube, with an acronym standing for Beauty Balm, helps to do just that. BB Creams are designed to give you many benefits without the hassle of a daunting multi-step regimen. I selected MAC’s Prep & Prime BB SPF35 ($30), and love it! It provides me with a sheer, corrective-finish, that hydrates without leaving an oily shine. Here is what your BB Cream should do for you:
·         Hydrate
·         Conceal (Imperfections)
·         Correct (Even out skin tone)
·         Protect (SPF)
·         Anti-aging benefits (Peptides, antioxidants, and vitamins)
·         Provide A Luminous Glow
·         Moisturize
·         Prime
·         Save you TIME
After reading many reviews, I’ve found that an adequate coverage can also be found in the drugstore brands. The best reviews were given to Garnier’s Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream SPF 15, and Maybelline’s Dream Fresh BB. Other brands I’m interested in trying are Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm, and Stila’s Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm.
Feel free to use this product as the primer to your foundation, or as the quick fix you need when you’re in a hurry. So tell me, Skinnies, what BBs have you tried? And could you love ‘em, or leave ‘em?
-Annabelle

 
 
 
 
 
MAC Prep + Prime Beauty Balm SPF35 (Pictured above without foundation as a second means of coverage)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
BB Bargains (pictures compliments of Pinterest)
 
 
 
 
 
BBs on my wishlist (pictures compliments of Pinterest)
 

2 comments:

  1. Obsessed with my Dr. Jart Black Label BB Cream: http://www.sephora.com/black-label-detox-bb-beauty-balm-P374568
    Couldn't live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, Natalie! I have actually heard great things about that one too- I will definitely be giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete