Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Geisha Glam

I had the pleasure of working with my gorgeous little sister this past weekend on her Halloween costume. She found an authentic kimono at her local Good Will Store, and it fit like a glove. To dramatize the look, we styled her hair into a high bun, and finished the look with chop sticks from Cost Plus World Market ($4.99 for a set of 4). For her makeup, I did a very smokey eye, with thick black liner. I used MAC’s Pro Longwear Paint Pot in “Groundwork” all over the lid, “Carbon” eye shadow in the corners, and blended with “Dazzelight” to soften, and highlight under the brow. For Renee’s Liner, I used MAC’s LiquidLast in “Point Black”. I also applied a lighter shade of powder over Renee’s foundation to give her a pale complexion. On her lips, I used MAC’s lip liner in “Cherry”, and painted on her MAC “MAC Red” lipstick with a brush (this makes applying much easier, and leaves less room for error. Red lipstick can be very unforgiving if smudged). To complete the look, we applied Ardell’s False Eyelashes (Special Edition-Disney Villains, Ursula set).
 As you can see, her makeup turned out beautiful, and she looked absolutely stunning! Stay tuned to the blog for two additional DIY Halloween looks Wednesday, and Thursday. Happy Halloween week to you- it is my favorite!
XO,
Annabelle
For supplies, visit maccosmetics.com , and worldmarket.com , and walgreens.com

 



Ardell Special Edition Lashes (Walgreens) 




 
 
 
[The Finished Product]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment